Our Mission: Kensington Soccer Club is dedicated to uniting and advancing the broader Kensington community with high quality soccer and youth development programs for everyone, regardless of ability to pay.
How We Achieve Our Mission:
In order to make sure that transportation is not a barrier to participation, KSC partners with schools, recreation centers, and other community organizations to offer after-school programs, summer camp clinics, and community festival clinics for more than 1000 children in over twenty locations. To eliminate cost as a barrier, all KSC programs are either free or pay-what-you-can, including travel teams.
To achieve their goals of community advancement and youth development, Kensington Soccer Club brings together youth from all backgrounds and incorporates academic enrichment, health & nutrition education, and violence prevention into all it's programs. They believe strongly in youth leadership and invest heavily in creating opportunities for teens, young adults, and parents from the community and therefore almost all their coaches and staff are home-grown. KSC is also a grassroots community organization that is committed to community unity and accountability and they demonstrate that commitment by actively participating in over twenty community civic organizations and coalitions.
- We believe sport is an important element in the development of every child.
- In sport we see an ideal tool to achieve other goals, for example informing people on healthy lifestyles and education and raising themes such as values, integration, and cooperation.
- We realize that we serve a social interest and in addition to the young people themselves we also focus on their environment.
- Provide fun soccer activities for players of all abilities and ages from Kensington and surrounding areas of Philadelphia.
- Organize our programs so as to maximize the positive impact we have on the lives of our players, their families and community.
- Build and organization that is stable and durable which can serve the community for generations to come.