Teen Leadership Initiative
Kensington Soccer Club has designed the Teen Leadership Initiative program to offer teens an opportunity to build job skills and leadership while lifting the whole community. By investing in our teens as coaches, we provide positive role models for our younger children, we create a community atmosphere that values and celebrates lifting each other up instead of tearing each other down, and we develop our own expert coaches and mentors who will continue as coaches and community leaders long after graduating high school.
Have fun helping kids learn soccer
- Gain valuable work experience
- Make a difference and become a leader in the community
- Some paid contract coach positions available
Teens ages 15 to 19 (you can coach and also play in our club teams)
- Assist in coaching a team in our and/or help tutor kids through Soccer Athletes Value Education, SAVE
- Attend a coach training session before each season.
- Attend saturday game days prepared to manage your teams.
- Assist in setting up and organizing practices and games during the week.
- Work with the team manager and co-coaches to run fun practice activities and teach the kids how to play fairly and respect their teammates and opponents.
- Make sure that every player of all abilities gets the same chance to play and have fun.
- Patience with children and adults.
- A positive, excited and supportive attitude towards the children.
- Responsible and mature approach to working with kids and adults.
- Willingness to follow instructions and receive constructive feedback.
- Soccer experience not required, but is helpful.
- All coaches must agree to a criminal background check and child abuse clearance.
- Most teen leaders start as volunteers, but when we have open paid contract coach positions available, we hire first from within the club.
- Tokens will be provided for interns who demonstrate the greatest need with priority given to those who work more hours.
- Receive coach and mentorship training which is useful as a resume-builder wether you plan to continue as a coach or not.
The Kensington Soccer Club does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, class, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender dentity, physical ability, national or ethnic origin.
Sign up to become a teen leader!
Support Our Teen Leaders!
Your donation allows us to fund the extensive training and support that our teens need as well as pay for the contract coach positions.