Our Mission: Kensington Soccer Club is dedicated to uniting and advancing the broader Kensington community with high quality soccer and youth development programs for everyone, regardless of ability to pay.
How We Achieve Our Mission:
- We eliminate barriers to participation by going to where children already are and by making all our programs either free or pay-what-you-can.
- We run after-school programs, in-school programs, summer camps, summer clinics, community festival clinics, recreational leagues, and travel teams for all ages.
- We bring together youth from all backgrounds and incorporate academic enrichment, health & nutrition education, mentorship, and violence prevention into all our programs.
- We grow our own coaches, mentors, and leaders from among our teens, young adults, and parents.
- We advocate for our youth and families, we work to connect them to resources and opportunities, and we actively participate in over twenty community civic organizations.
- We believe sport is an important element in the development of every child.
- In sport we see an ideal tool to achieve other goals, for example informing people on healthy lifestyles and education and raising themes such as values, integration, and cooperation.
- We realize that we serve a social interest and in addition to the young people themselves we also focus on their environment.
- Provide fun soccer activities for players of all abilities and ages from Kensington and surrounding areas of Philadelphia.
- Organize our programs so as to maximize the positive impact we have on the lives of our players, their families and community.
- Build and organization that is stable and durable which can serve the community for generations to come.