Mission: The Kensington Soccer Club works with youth and families to organize positive, healthy, and fun youth soccer activities while building teamwork, leadership, and community.
Misión: Kensington Soccer Club organiza a jóvenes y sus familias en un ambiente positivo, saludable y divertido, creando comunidades sanas y sociables a través del fútbol.
Since 2009, Kensington Soccer Club has run summer and school-year programs for children aged 5-19, mostly at Nelson Playground's Casiano Field at 2500 N. 3rd Street (near York Street) in Kensington, Philadelphia. Contact us for more information about upcoming activities.
Meet our Board of Directors and read Volunteer Biographies.
Goals and Objectives
(We have three main goals and objectives that will help us accomplish those goals.)
Goal: Organize fun soccer activities for players of all abilities and ages from the Kensington region of Philadelphia.
- Objective: Organize pick-up games, intramural leagues, clinics, tournaments, and travel teams.
- Objective: Promote KSC programs at the schools, businesses, organizations, parks, and homes of Kensington.
- Objective: Train coaches and parents in approaching the game with positive energy and joy so they can pass it on to the players.
Goal: Organize our soccer programs so as to maximize the positive impact we have on the lives of our players, their families and community.
- Objective: Incorporate violence-reduction strategies into our programs.
- Objective: Provide healthy foods at events while partnering with organizations to provide instruction and resources regarding health, diet, and exercise.
- Objective: Collaborate with and provide information about community resources such as service providers, arts and culture organizations, and anti-violence efforts so that youth and families can use those resources and volunteer with those organizations.
- Objective: Empower girls as soccer players and as respected community leaders.
- Objective: Use coach training and internships to improve employment qualifications and preparedness of our teenage players and parents.
- Objective: Recruit, empower, and train parents to take an active role in the organization, thereby equipping parents with great community leadership skills and habits.
- Objective: Encourage and support academic achievement.
Goal: Build an organization that’s durable and stable.
- Objective: Constantly recruit new volunteers while providing a volunteer experience that keeps people coming back.
- Objective: Build future leadership through teen coaching and refereeing internships and our youth advisory board.
- Objective: Maintain high levels of parent involvement and leadership.
- Objective: Maintain strong relationships with a variety of community organizations.
- Objective: Maintain an active board even when we have paid staff.
- Objective: Secure a broad and sustainable base of funding by cultivating a large pool of individual donors, organizing regular fundraising events, getting equipment and food donations from a variety of individual and institutional sources, securing local business sponsorships, and carefully pursuing foundation funding.